For haircuts, dentists, and Friday night pizza, we’ve all got our go-to spots. From familiarity and comfort to reliability, we’re all well-versed in the perks of being a regular – off the clock, that is.
Our work life often takes the opposite approach. Coordinating vendors, managing budgets, and juggling project timelines typically means we settle for convenience. The lowest bid, the first response, or even the first listing a Google search yields typically get booked – and utilizing unproven vendors can lead to big disappointments and even bigger financial losses.
In the commercial roofing industry, urgency is amplified with business revenue on the line. Roofing systems are such a valuable, integral component of a building’s structure; no business can operate with a leaky, unsafe, or otherwise compromised roof. From new construction to re-roofing an existing building, business owners are anxious to seal natural elements OUT and bring customers IN.
On the surface, it may seem like taking the lowest or fastest project proposal may save your business both dollars and minutes – but consolidating your projects and committing to one trusted, established roofing contractor will wind up saving you time, money, and plenty of headaches.
Our top five reasons for retaining ONE contractor are below:
1. PRIORITY SCHEDULING. Just like the barista who’s memorized your coffee order or date-night dinners in your favorite corner booth, being a regular means being a priority. If you’ve committed to one contractor, preferred scheduling is part and parcel with your agreement; you’re automatically bumped to the front of the line.
2. MAINTENANCE ON AUTO-PILOT. With one roofing contractor managing your business’ buildings, franchise portfolio, or pipeline of projects, all installation details are in one place. Materials, project specs, and safety plans are consolidated – which means your maintenance plan is, too. In terms of structural life cycles, the contractor who installs your roofing system is the one who knows your building best; they’ll have an individualized maintenance plan in place to best support your investment.
3. CONSISTENCY YOU CAN COUNT ON. No supply-chain hiccups, no unreliable crews, no unexpected delays. Time is money, and with commercial construction, a reliable timeline can mean the difference between generating revenue or racking up major costs in delays.
4. SAFEGUARDS ARE IN PLACE. With a certified contractor installing your roofing system, you have the protection of warranties with both the contractor and materials’ manufacturer. These layered safeguards make working with a well-established contractor a no-brainer. The combined security of having materials and workmanship covered for defects, premature aging, or incorrect installation can extend for decades after actual installation; typical warranty terms range from 10 to 30 years, making this list item a BIG motivating factor.
5. DIRECT CHANNEL TO LEADERSHIP. Your account manager is 100% focused on your needs and priorities. With 24/7 phone and email support, your rep can quickly relay any urgent information to the right department and can take any sensitive matters directly to leadership. By committing to one contractor, you have their internal support team equally committed to the successful completion of your project pipeline, as well.
For more commercial roofing tips, subscribe to Guy Roofing’s blog!